WELCOME TO! GBEMILAKE ARTZ BLOG, STAY IN THE KNOW WITH ARTIST TIPS, GALLERY NEWS, AND MORE.....

Wednesday, July 26, 2017

South African Child Appears to Beat HIV Remission began after early treatment was halted






PARIS -- A 9-year-old girl, diagnosed with HIV when she was a month old and treated for a year with antiretroviral drugs, has been off therapy ever since without disease.
The girl had an extremely high HIV viral load when she was diagnosed and enrolled in a clinical trial of delayed therapy versus treatment on diagnosis for either 40 or 96 weeks, according to Avy Violari, MD, of the University of the Witwatersrand in Johannesburg.
Her case appears to be the first time deliberate treatment interruption of an infant has followed long-term control of HIV, Violari said at the International AIDS Society meeting on HIV Science.
But two previous cases of such post-treatment control in children have been reported:
The "Mississippi Baby" was born with HIV in 2010, received anti-HIV treatment beginning 30 hours after birth, stopped therapy around 18 months of age, and controlled the virus without drugs for 27 months before it reappeared in her blood.
In 2015, investigators reported the case of a French child who was born with HIV in 1996, started therapy at age 3 months, and stopped sometime between ages 5.5 and 7 years. She continues to control the virus without drugs more than 11 years later.
But most HIV-positive people, whether children or adults, see their virus rebound within a few weeks or at most months.
Tim Henrich, MD, of the University of California San Francisco, reported here on an adult patient first treated in the "hyperacute" phase -- within about 10 days of infection. After some 2 years of treatment, during which HIV was not detectable even using ultra-sensitive tests, the patient stopped therapy.
Unusually, the patient remained in remission for 224 days, or more than 7 months, Henrich reported. But then the HIV returned with a vengeance -- from plasma HIV RNA of 36 copies per mL to more than 56,000 copies within 6 days.
In other words, "there's a broad spectrum from when you stop therapy to when you rebound," commented Anthony Fauci, MD, director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID), which was one of the sponsors of the study in which the South African child is enrolled.
"The exciting thing is: what is it that makes that difference?," he told reporters. "Is it an immunological response? Is it something about the virus? Is there immune activation in one individual that you don't see in another individual?"
He added that early treatment "seems to be a very important common denominator" because it reserves immune function and reduces the number of cells latently infected with HIV the reservoir that is responsible for rebound when treatment is stopped.
On the other hand, even a very small reservoir is not enough, Henrich noted: His group calculated that their patient had at most 200 such cells, but eventually one of them activated and began producing HIV again.
The South African child, whose case was reported here, was diagnosed with HIV infection in 2007 when she was 32 days old. She was enrolled in the Children with HIV Early Antiretroviral Therapy (CHER) clinical trial.
The infants in the trial were randomly assigned to get antiretroviral for 40 or 96 weeks, or to have their treatment deferred until their immune systems began to fail. The child in the current study was one of 143 assigned to get 40 weeks of treatment.
Before treatment, the child had a plasma viral load of more than 750,000 copies of HIV RNA per mL, but the therapy quickly suppressed that to undetectable levels. According to the study plan, the researchers stopped treatment after 40 weeks and have closely followed the child's health since.
Recent analysis of stored blood samples show that the child has maintained an undetectable level of HIV, Violari reported.
Lab and clinical studies have shown a small reservoir of virus but no other evidence of HIV infection. She has weak antibody and CD4-positive T cell responses to HIV and no detectable CD8-positive T cells responses. Also, her level of immune activation was low and si

8 comments:

  1. Hello everyone over here, I want to tell about how i was cured of HIV/AIDS disease by a Doctor called Dr Tokubo . I was browsing through the Internet searching for remedy on HIV and i saw comment of people talking about how Doctor tokubo uses his natural herbal medicine to cured them. I Was scared because i never believed in the Internet or natural herbs before but i was convince to give him a try because i having no hope of been cured of HIV/AIDS so i decided to contact him with his email that was listed on the comment. when i contacted him he gave me hope and send a Herbal medicine to me that i took and it seriously worked for me, am a free person now without problem, my HIV result came out negative. I pray for you Dr Tokubo God will give you everlasting life, you shall not die before your time for being a sincere and grate man. Am so happy, you can also contact him if you have any problem with your health E-mail him on: drtokubotemple@gmail.com or Add him up on WhatsApp +2349037990322

    ReplyDelete
  2. My name is gilberto melo from poland,i was diagnosed of HIV for over 2 years which made me lose my job and mostly part my life was gone because i couldn't keep up with myself, until a friend from Singapore introduce me to a healer called Dr Emua and ask me to contact him which i did without hesitation so he responded and i told him my problems and he promise me solution and ask me to trust have fate in my herbals medicine, which i did, i did what he demanded of me and after a week he ask me to go for an HIV test and to my greatest surprise i came out negative and till now the doctors is still surprised, about my situation so i want everyone out there that is leaving with HIV/AIDS to should please contact him from cure on his email address on Do not loose hope too soon contact him If you need his help, you can Email him @ dremuahelphome@outlook.com or dremuahelphome@gmail.com for easy and fast communication you can also call or add him on whats-app with this number +2347063628174 and i am confident he will help you too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was diagnosed with HIV by my ex girlfriend in 2011 and i have tried all possible means to get cured but all to no avail, until i saw a post in a health forum about a herbal man called Dr Oboite who can prepare natural herbal medication to cure all kind of diseases including HIV, at first i doubted if it was real but decided to give it a try, when i contact the herbal man via his email, he prepared the herbal cure and sent it to me via UPS delivery service, when i received his herbal cure,he gave me direction on how to take it, when i take it as he instructed, i was totally cured from this deadly disease within 7 days of usage, I am now free from this deadly disease called HIV, all thanks to Dr Oboite. if you are passing through the same problem you can contact him via his email,droboiteherbalcurehome@gmail.com or call his number or whatsapp him, +2348054265852,he can also help with this following problems, HEPATITIS B,ALS, CANCER,HERPES,HPV.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is real take it serious, who will believe that a herbal can cure six years HIV in my body, i never believe that this will work i have spend a lot when getting drugs from the hospital to keep me healthy, what i was waiting for is death because i was broke, one day i hard about this great man who is well know of HIV and cancer cure, i decided to email him, unknowingly to me that this will be the end of the HIV aids in my body, he prepare the herb for me, and give me instruction on how to take it, at the end of the two week, he told me to go to the hospital for a check up, and i went, surprisingly after the test the doctor confirm me negative, i thought it was a joke, i went to other hospital was also negative, then i took my friend who was also HIV positive to the Dr, after the treatment she was also confirm negative . He also have the herb to cure cancer please i want every one with this virus to be free, that is why am dropping his email address, dr.atakumaoracle@outlook.com and his contact +2347064693371 dr.atakumaoracle@outlook.com do email him he is a great man. the government is also interested in this DR, thank you for saving my life, and I promise I will always testify for your good work add him now on whatsapp +2347064693371

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is real take it serious, who will believe that a herbal can cure six years HIV in my body, i never believe that this will work i have spend a lot when getting drugs from the hospital to keep me healthy, what i was waiting for is death because i was broke, one day i hard about this great man who is well know of HIV and cancer cure, i decided to email him, unknowingly to me that this will be the end of the HIV aids in my body, he prepare the herb for me, and give me instruction on how to take it, at the end of the two week, he told me to go to the hospital for a check up, and i went, surprisingly after the test the doctor confirm me negative, i thought it was a joke, i went to other hospital was also negative, then i took my friend who was also HIV positive to the Dr, after the treatment she was also confirm negative . He also have the herb to cure cancer please i want every one with this virus to be free, that is why am dropping his email address, dr.atakumaoracle@outlook.com and his contact +2347064693371 dr.atakumaoracle@outlook.com do email him he is a great man. the government is also interested in this DR, thank you for saving my life, and I promise I will always testify for your good work add him now on whatsapp +2347064693371

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is real take it serious, who will believe that herbs can cure HIV, i never believed that this will work, i This have spend a lot when getting drugs from the hospital to keep me healthy, what i was waiting for is death because i was broke, one day i hard about this great man who is well known to have HIV, herpes, cancer and many other cure, i decided to email him, unknowingly to me that this will be the end of the HIV disease in my body, he prepare the herbal medicine for me, and give me instruction on how to take it, i drank the herbal medicine for three weeks, after then i went to the hospital for a check up, surprisingly after the test the doctor confirm me negative, i thought it was a joke, i went to another hospital it was also comfirmed to be negative, then i took my friend who was also HIV positive to the Dr EMUA , after the treatment she was also confirm negative . He also have the herbs for many sickness, i want everyone who is sick to contact DR EMUA that is why am dropping his email address, do contact him he is a great man. the government is also interested in this DR EMUA herbal medicine, that's why his herbal medicine are all rigistered, thank you for saving my life, and I promise I will always testify for your good work. contact him through his email dremuahelphome@outlook.com or dremuahelphome@gmail.com for easy and fast communication you can also call or add him on whats-app with this number +2347063628174

    ReplyDelete
  7. i want to make this known to the entire world, i see many women complaining on not getting pregnant well let me tell you women on the best and safe method of get pregnant and deliver safely, i was 42 years old and i had been married since i was 22years I was not able to conceive my own child until i was browsing internet for a solution on how to get pregnant and i saw some comment of some women saying how they got pregnant that they contacted Odia Herbal Center and they got pregnant , i then decided to take a bold step because i was running out of time because i was already 42years old , i contacted Odia Herbal Center and Dr Odia did a pregnancy medicine for me and within two weeks of contacting him i took in i was pregnant and i gave birth to josh my son and now josh is doing very well and i also have a new born baby girl , my advice to other women is that you can contact Odia Herbal Center via email. odiaherbalcenter@yahoo.com or whatsapp: +1(518)502-5386

    ReplyDelete
  8. i want to make this known to the entire world, i see many women complaining on not getting pregnant well let me tell you women on the best and safe method of get pregnant and deliver safely, i was 42 years old and i had been married since i was 22years I was not able to conceive my own child until i was browsing internet for a solution on how to get pregnant and i saw some comment of some women saying how they got pregnant that they contacted Odia Herbal Center and they got pregnant , i then decided to take a bold step because i was running out of time because i was already 42years old , i contacted Odia Herbal Center and Dr Odia did a pregnancy medicine for me and within two weeks of contacting him i took in i was pregnant and i gave birth to josh my son and now josh is doing very well and i also have a new born baby girl , my advice to other women is that you can contact Odia Herbal Center via email. odiaherbalcenter@yahoo.com or whatsapp: +1(518)502-5386

    ReplyDelete

CHECK OUT MY FACEBOOK PAGE AND FOLLOW ME ON MY SOCIAL LINKS